As requested, here’s the rather simple recipe to make Malaysian pancakes.
What you’d need is
- 340g of plain wheat flour ( not exactly sure what other flour types can be used of course
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 eggs-beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of water/H20
- 1 cup of milk (Yum I love milk)
- 2 teaspoons of corn oil
Pancake Inards or otherwise known as fillings :p
- 3 teaspoon of roasted/grounded peanuts
- 6 teaspoons of butter
- 6 teaspoons of castor sugar ( this is to give it the sweet crunchiness with the grounded peanuts )
- 3 teaspoons of cream-style corn
Mix flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
Make a well in the center.
Add in milk, egg, oil and water in the well.
Mix it all in together
- Lightly grease the pan with a knob of butter
- Heat pan till you see a little wispy smoke being emitted.
- Take a large spoonful of batter and spread evenly onto the greased pan.
- When the batter is half cooked, sprinkle some groundnuts, sugar and add in a few teaspoons of corn over the surface.
- Add in another knob of butter. Cover pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and fold into two.
- Serve it piping hot.